Wednesday 3 May 2017

Hi all,

I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.

With regards homework the children do not have spellings due to the short week. The children have 2 cloze procedures, one per night. I recommend spending no more than 20 mins or at a push 30 mins per night on each. While I understand the children may require some level of support with homework I would ask that in so far as possible the children complete the work on their own.

The reason for this is that 4th class cloze procedures can be difficult and I would like the children to gain independent practice. I have already iterated the point that it is ok if they find it difficult or that some of it is incorrect. What is important is practice of the thinking process involved.

Also the children received their previous week's spelling tests home, if these could be signed and returned as soon as possible please.

Also our last session of swimming occurs tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the sunshine!

Shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment